18th Annual AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium
Registration closes Friday, June 8, 2018! Register online today!
The 18th Annual AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium, sponsored by Royal Canin®, will take place on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 in the Sheraton Seattle, Seattle, Washington.
- Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- Location: Room TBD, Sheraton Seattle, 1400 6th Avenue, Seattle, Washington
- RACE credits: Application has been submitted for RACE approval
- 6:30-8:00 am: Registration, Light Continental Breakfast
- 6:45-7:45am: Detection of Food Allergen Residue to Support Free-From Claims: Current Science and Data Gaps – Dr. Joe Baumert from the Food Allergy Research and Resource sponsored by Royal Canin®
(separate registration required & hot breakfast included)
- 8:00-8:05am: Opening remarks
- 8:05-8:20am: Determination of Mammalian DNA in Commercial Canine Diets with Uncommon and Limited Ingredients – Lara Fossati
- 8:20-8:35am: Bacterial Fecal Microbiota is only Minimally Affected by a Standardized Weight Loss Plan in Obese Cats – Moran Tal
- 8:35-8:50am: Effects of a Botanical Blend on Mild Car Ride Induced Anxiety in Laboratory Dogs – Preston Buff
- 8:50-9:05am: Hepatic Copper Accumulation in Dairy Cattle and Oxidative Stress – Jaimie Strickland
- 9:05-9:20am: Concentrations of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D and Inflammatory Markers in Dogs with Cancer – Nicole Weidner
- 9:20-10:00am: Poster session and Morning Break
- 10:00-10:15am: Choline Deficiency in Obese Cats Undergoing Energy Restriction for Weight Loss with a Veterinary Therapeutic Food – Caitlin Grant
- 10:15-10:30pm: Pilot Study Evaluating the Impact of Feeding Method on Overall Activity of Indoor, Client Owned Cats – Angela Witzel
- 10:30-11:30pm: “Nutrition communication: The anatomy of a recommendation” – Dr. Jason Coe (Guest Speaker)
- 11:30-1:30pm: Luncheon sponsored by the Purina Institute with Members Business Meeting 12-1pm
- 1:30-2:30pm: “Profiles in Mentorship” – Dr. Rebecca L. Remillard (Member Speaker)
- 2:30-2:45pm: “The effect of storage at ambient temperature on the feline fecal microbiota” – Dr. Moran Tal Gavriel (ESVCN/Waltham Abstract Winner)
- 2:45-3:30pm: Poster Session and Afternoon Break
- 3:30-3:45: Benefits of Two Overweight Diets in the Management of Osteoarthritis (OA) in Dogs; a randomized, double blinded trial – Emmanuelle Sagols
- 3:45-4:00pm: Impact of Dietary Management of Obesity on the Feline Fecal Metagenome – Bianca DiSabatino
- 4:00-4:30pm: “Advancements in the Pet Food Labeling Modernization Efforts and other updates” – David A. Dzanis, DVM, PhD, DACVN*
- 4:30-4:45pm: Awards ceremony
- 4:45-6:00pm: Reception sponsored by PortionProRx, Vet Innovations, Inc.
- 5:00pm – Student chapter representatives and student members invited to meet with executive board members
Link to online registration: Available in April 2018
Our annual business meeting will take place at the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium over lunch and lunch tickets can be purchased when you register online. Members who have concerns or questions they would like addressed at the annual business meeting are welcome to contact the executive director, Dr. Wilbur Amand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our annual AAVN Student Chapter meeting will also take place following the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium. AAVN Student Chapter representatives can reach out to Dr. Lindsey Bullen (email@example.com) for more information. AAVN Student Chapter representatives are eligible to apply for travel grants to attend the Symposium and more information is available on the AAVN Student Chapters page.
The reception following the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium is an excellent opportunity to review research posters and network with AAVN members. Hors d’oeuvres will be served and one complimentary drink ticket will be provided. A cash bar will also be open during the reception.
Research Abstract Submissions for the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium:
The abstract submission deadline for the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium is Friday, February 16, 2018 at 11:59pm EST. Full details can be found below in the template and call for abstracts. If you have questions about the Symposium or need help with preparing and submitting an abstract, please contact Dr. Jessica Harris, Program Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write in the subject line “2018 AAVN Symposium Abstract Submission”.
Upcoming Nutrition Meetings:
If you are interested in having your nutrition meeting added to our webpage, please contact our executive director, Dr. Wilbur Amand, AAVN Executive Director at email@example.com, for consideration.
The 22nd European Society of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition (ESVCN) Congress will be held at Munich, Germany in September 2018. For more information, visit the Congress website at www.esvcn.eu/society/congress.
- Dates: September 6-8, 2018
- Location: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
The 12th Biennial Symposium of the Comparative Nutrition Society
The meetings of the Comparative Nutrition Society are uniquely designed to promote a group atmosphere that is conducive to promoting professional exchanges. Our society welcomes multidisciplinary laboratory and field scientists interested in any aspect of nutrition (human, wildlife, zoo, companion, livestock, etc.) from the molecular to ecosystem scale. For more details, please visit: www.cnsweb.org/
- Dates: August 5-9, 2018
- Location: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
The ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting & Trade Show
The American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) and the Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) will hold the 2018 ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting & Trade Show in Vancouver, Canada. For more information visit: https://www.asas.org/meetings/annual-2018
- Dates: July 8-12, 2018
- Location: Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada