Who may become a member? Any veterinarian or veterinary student, veterinary technician/student, nutrition/animal scientist/student, or member of an allied health profession.|
Categories of membership:
1. Active members:
(a) Veterinarians with an interest in any phase of nutrition and are members in good standing with the AVMA or similar foreign veterinary association or,
(b) Nutritional/Animal Scientists or members of an allied health profession with an interest in any phase of veterinary nutrition, or
(c) Certified Veterinary Technicians who have an interest in veterinary nutrition and are members in good standing with their National technician organization.
2. Student members will be enrolled in a school/college of veterinary medicine, veterinary technology school, or course of study in animal science. Veterinary interns, residents, and graduate students (Master or PhD candidates) will be included in the Student category; however, graduate students and nutrition residents are eligible for and encouraged to seek Active membership.
3. Life membership will be granted to any person who has retired and has been a member of AAVN for 20 or more years.
4. Honorary membership will be bestowed on distinguished individuals who have made a significant contribution to veterinary nutrition.
Benefits of membership:
1. Access to the Members Only area of the AAVN website and to the AAVN Listserv
2. Able to readily communicate with others of similar interest in veterinary nutrition
3. Promotion of interest and research in veterinary nutrition
4. Opportunities to attend and present at the Annual AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium
5. Access to a periodic e-Newsletter and to the annual symposium proceedings
6. Listing in the on-line AAVN Directory of Membership
7. Access to research and travel funds
8. For additional benefits, click on Members Benefits on the menu.
$50 per annum for each fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Renewals received after June 30 will carry a $10 late fee ($60). Student, Life, and Honorary members are exempt from paying dues.