The AAVN is an international association of veterinarians, animal nutrition scientists, veterinary technicians, industry representatives, and veterinary and animal science students with a common … keep reading
The AAVN is an international association of veterinarians, animal nutrition scientists, veterinary technicians, industry representatives, and veterinary and animal science students with a common interest in animal nutrition.
AAVN 2019-2021 Executive Board Nominations
Nominations Due: March 7, 2019
The Governance Committee is now accepting nominees for the following positions for the 2019 – 2021 Executive Board:
2) President Elect
3) Member at large
Per our By-laws, Article 11, Section 2, b) Nominees may be submitted by the general membership with a petition of 3 voting members and must be received by the chair of the Governance committee at least ninety (90) days prior to the Annual Business Meeting.
Our Annual Business Meeting will be held on June 5th in conjunction with the Annual Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium.
Nominees should be submitted to Dr. Martha Cline no later than March 7th.
AAVN Position Announcement – Executive Director
Applications Due: March 15, 2019
Established in 1956, the American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition’s primary objectives include:
- To provide a forum of discussion and exchange of information on matters of common interest as applied to the field of nutrition in its relationship to animal health.
- To promote greater interest in and better understanding of current developments in nutrition as affecting animal health.
- To promote research in fields where nutrition may have a relationship to health and/or disease.
- To promote a closer cooperative relationship with those who share with veterinarians the responsibility of maintaining animal health through adequate nutrition.
After many years of dedicated service our, Executive Director is retiring in June of 2019. The next Executive Director will have the unique opportunity to continue to strengthen and further the strategic plan of the Academy. The Executive Director reports to the Executive Board and has strategic and operational responsibility for the Academy. Our next Executive Director will have relevant leadership experience and excellent communication skills.
Please click on the following link for the Executive Director’s Job Description.
Copies of the AAVN By-Laws and the most recent Strategic Plan are available to interested parties. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019 (Submit in PDF format – 5 pages max.)
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position
- Current Resume or CV
- Three references including names and contact information
Send application materials to Dr. Craig Datz.
The AAVN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, or sexual orientation.
19th Annual AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium
Registration will open in April 2019! Check out the conferences page for further details!