19th Annual AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium
Registration will open in April 2019!
The 19th Annual AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium, sponsored by Royal Canin®, will take place in June 2019 in the Phoenix, Arizona.
- Date: TBD
- Location: Room TBD, Phoenix Convention Center, Phoenix, Arizona
- RACE credits: Application will be submitted for RACE approval
- 6:30-8:00 am: Registration, Light Continental Breakfast
- 6:45-7:45am: Hot Topic Lecture sponsored by Royal Canin®
(separate registration required & hot breakfast included)
- 8:00-8:05am: Opening remarks
- 8:05-9:20am: Abstract presentations
- 9:20-10:00am: Poster session and Morning Break
- 10:00-11:30pm: Abstract presentations and guest speaker
- 11:30-1:30pm: Luncheon sponsored by the Purina Institute with Members Business Meeting 12-1pm
- 1:30-2:30pm: Member speaker
- 2:30-2:45pm: Abstract presentation
- 2:45-3:30pm: Poster Session and Afternoon Break
- 3:30-4:00pm: Abstract presentations
- 4:00-4:30pm: AAFCO update – David A. Dzanis, DVM, PhD, DACVN
- 4:30-4:45pm: Awards ceremony
- 4:45-6:00pm: Reception sponsored by PortionProRx, Vet Innovations, Inc.
- 5:00pm – Student chapter meeting
Link to online registration: Available in April 2018
Our annual business meeting will take place at the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium over lunch. Members who have concerns or questions they would like addressed at the annual business meeting are welcome to contact the executive director, Dr. Wilbur Amand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our annual AAVN Student Chapter meeting will also take place following the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium. AAVN Student Chapter representatives can reach out to Dr. Lindsey Bullen (email@example.com) for more information. AAVN Student Chapter representatives are eligible to apply for travel grants to attend the Symposium and more information is available on the AAVN Student Chapters page.
The reception following the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium is an excellent opportunity to review research posters and network with AAVN members. Hors d’oeuvres will be served and one complimentary drink ticket will be provided. A cash bar will also be open during the reception.
Research Abstract Submissions for the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium:
The abstract submission deadline for the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium is Friday, February 22, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. Full details can be found below in the template and call for abstracts. If you have questions about the Symposium or need help with preparing and submitting an abstract, please contact Dr. Jessica Harris, Program Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write in the subject line “2019 AAVN Symposium Abstract Submission”.
Upcoming Nutrition Meetings:
If you are interested in having your nutrition meeting added to our webpage, please contact our executive director, Dr. Wilbur Amand, AAVN Executive Director at email@example.com, for consideration.
The 22nd European Society of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition (ESVCN) Congress will be held at Munich, Germany in September 2018. For more information, visit the Congress website at www.esvcn.eu/society/congress.
- Dates: September 6-8, 2018
- Location: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
The 12th Biennial Symposium of the Comparative Nutrition Society
The meetings of the Comparative Nutrition Society are uniquely designed to promote a group atmosphere that is conducive to promoting professional exchanges. Our society welcomes multidisciplinary laboratory and field scientists interested in any aspect of nutrition (human, wildlife, zoo, companion, livestock, etc.) from the molecular to ecosystem scale. For more details, please visit: www.cnsweb.org/
- Dates: August 5-9, 2018
- Location: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
The ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting & Trade Show
The American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) and the Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) will hold the 2018 ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting & Trade Show in Vancouver, Canada. For more information visit: https://www.asas.org/meetings/annual-2018
- Dates: July 8-12, 2018
- Location: Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada