The AAVN is proud to have a number of approved AAVN Student Chapters. AAVN Student Chapters have a number of great benefits! Please see below for more details or contact Dr. Ken Lambrecht for more information!
Benefits of Becoming an AAVN Student Chapter:
- Annual AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium
- Reduced registration fee for all AAVN student members
- Opportunity to apply for travel grants of up to $500 USD for one student member from each AAVN Student Chapter to represent their school at the Symposium
- AAVN Student Chapter recipients of the travel grant will be required to attend the annual business meeting & members’ luncheon
- In-person AAVN Student Chapter meeting with AAVN Executive members following the Symposium
- Access to a PDF version of the proceedings following the Symposium
- Access to student writing competitions
- Awards are provided for writing competition winners
- Social media opportunities
- AAVN Listserv access
- Networking opportunities
- Stimulating discussions on current hot topics
- Postings for jobs or training programs (e.g. PhD or residency programs)
- Opportunity to submit news, information, photos and updates on Student Chapter activities for consideration in the periodic E-newsletter
- Members-only access on the AAVN website
Requirements for AAVN Student Chapters:
All AAVN Student Chapters are required to have a constitution that addresses membership, dues/finances, advisors, officers, elections, and meetings (click here for a sample template). Please follow the AAVN Student Chapter constitution template as a guide. Bylaws may be included as a separate document. Bylaws are intended to expand the constitution and provide guidelines on governance.
Examples of AAVN Student Chapter constitutions/bylaws:
2019-2020 AAVN Student Chapters:
|AAVN Student Chapter||Current President||Contact Information|
|Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island|
|Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario|
|GRAND CAYMAN ISLAND|
|School of Veterinary Medicine, St. Matthews University, Grand Cayman Island|
|UNITED STATES OF AMERICA|
|College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado|
|College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York|
|Iowa State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, Ames, Iowa|
|College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas|
|Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State, Mississippi|
|University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbia, Missouri|
|College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, Massachusetts|
|School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI|
|Ross University, School of Veterinary Medicine, St. Kitts, West Indies|
Student Chapter Travel Grants:
Each active AAVN Student Chapter will have the opportunity to apply for a travel grant of up to $500 USD for one student member to represent their school at the Annual AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium. The Symposium registration fee is also waived for all Student Chapter representatives.
The AAVN Student Chapter recipients of the travel grant will be required to attend the annual business meeting & members’ luncheon. Lunch will be provided free of charge to Student Chapter representatives.
There will also be an AAVN Student Chapter meeting with AAVN Executive members following the Symposium. This is an opportunity to network with other Student Chapter representatives and to voice suggestions or concerns to the Student Member Committee.
Receipts up to $500 USD must be submitted for reimbursement to Dr. Rebecca Mullis, AAVN Treasurer, at email@example.com, 60 days following the Symposium.